- Beginning of the page
Training Functional Safety with ISO 26262
Due to product liability and increasingly critical functions, Functional Safety is today mandatory for many engineers. The training introduces Functional Safety based on ISO 26262. On the basis of our worldwide projects, we show how Functional Safety is achieved in specification, analysis, testing and proof of the safety of systems. We particularly focus on the efficient and sustainable implementation of the standard.
Functional Safety has gained momentum across all industries. Especially the ISO 26262 has in short time gained a strong reputation for professional functional safety engineering, not only in automotive industries. Product liability mandates a thorough proficiency, management and governance of specifications, analyses and implementations of Functional Safety. ISO 26262 ed.2 further strengthens the technology and underlying development processes covering topics, such as thorough modeling, security and semiconductor usage for bottom up reliability and safety.
"Thanks to Vector Consulting for the great online training. It was very useful for my understanding. I will consult the training materials if some kind of doubt emerge in the future."
- Douglas Albelo, Mercedes-Benz
"This was a really good online training. I would like to thank Vector Consulting trainers for their 100% commitment."
- Kamal Kumar Sharma, Aptiv
"Thank you very much for sharing your precious experience with this training program."
- Zerong Yu, Robert Bosch Japan
"High practical orientation, concrete personalized action list throughout the entire seminar."
- T. Strauch, Siemens
- Foundations of Functional Safety
- Governance: Norms, standards, processes
- Safety Management: Role of the Safety Manager, Safety Plan, Safety Case, DIA, Confirmation Review
- Hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Functional and technical safety concept
- ASIL decomposition
- Safety in the product life-cycle
- Practical application: Hardware, software, system integration, validation
- Efficient and effective implementation of ISO 26262
- Discussion with projects and practical guidance
Training material: available in English
Our training has been extended to 3 days to allow for more practice training and questions from the audience. A full case study on automotive E/E development will be presented.
- You will receive an introduction to the basic techniques for specification, analysis, testing and proving the safety of systems.
- You will learn how to apply these techniques in the context of a specific system development.
- You will get insight into the relevant policies and standards.
- You will see how such methodologies are selected and practically applied according to specific constraints and environments.
- You will learn hands-on how safety concepts are implemented based on real examples, so you can quickly transfer what you have learned to your own environment.
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3:|
Breaks: Coffee/Tea around 10:30 and 15:00; lunch break around 12:00.
1300 € plus VAT (3 days)
Admission price includes full documentation as PDF and also our Technical Articles on
"Automotive Embedded Engineering" (PDF) with lots of best practices, project experiences and state of the art technology.
Each participant will receive a qualifying Vector certificate for this intensive training.
Get a discount (can be combined):
- 10% if you register 3-5 employees of your company,
20% for 6-8 employees
30% for 9+ employees
10% if you book at least 60 days in advance
You can save up to 40%, as these discounts can be combined!
- 70% for full-time students (not combinable, on presentation of valid student card)
Certificate of Participation
Our training certificate indicates a real value, because:
- Vector as market leader with AUTOSAR and tools has deep hands-on knowledge about Functional Safety – from own (!) engineering.
- Our training provides lots of practical experiences you can apply in your environment.
Do you want to adapt this training to your own examples and challenges? Looking for a workout that delivers practical exercises adjusted to your environment? Then, we suggest that you have this training conducted in-house, where you can decide on focus, speed and the training schedule. We also offer dedicated crash courses for employees and management.
Language: German or English.
On request, we offer our inhouse trainings in Chinese, French, Korean and Turkish.
This training targets professionals and executives in engineering and IT, project managers, system and software engineers, analysts, consultants, and developers and quality managers from companies of all industries and sizes that want to get more proficient in functional safety.
About our Trainer
Dr. Arnulf Braatz is a manager at Vector Consulting Services. Previously he worked as a project manager in development projects as well as a software architect. Dr. Braatz supports companies worldwide to improve their safety and security projects, development processes and change management. He works across industries in the field of engineering methods, system and IT architecture, requirements engineering, and to improve efficiency.