- Beginning of the page
Do you have challenging requirements on functional safety related to the engineering of software, hardware and systems? Do you have to reliably prove functional safety? Regardless whether it is automotive, aerospace or systems engineering, functional safety must be developed and validated from the beginning. An increasing amount of safety-critical functions are appearing and must be economically addressed. Liability risks are growing and customers expect from their suppliers that state of the practice methodologies are applied.
Vector Consulting Services is the preferred supplier on functional safety for many companies:
- Introducing methods and processes for functional safety based on standards such as IEC 61508 (all domains), ISO 26262 (Automotive), DO-178B (Aerospace), EN 501xx (Railways), ISO 25119 (Agriculture), IEC 60601 (Medical) and ISO 13849 (Machinery), EN 62061 (Automation).
- Implementation of focussed and cost-effective safety processes
- Interim safety manager for your company
- Review of safety concepts and evaluation of safety-critical systems and components
- Conducting supplier safety assessments and Implementation of Development Interface Agreements (DIA)
- Development, specification and verification of safety requirements
- Safety analysis with techniques such as HARA, FMEA, FTA, FMEDA, etc.
- Safety for automated and autonomous driving; SOTIF with ISO21448
- Coaching in classification and qualification of Vector Tools in safety-related projects
- Training and coaching of safety managers and engineers
Our broad know-how from practically implementing functional safety in many companies yields objective-driven implementation with limited effort. By embedding functional safety into the product life-cycle combined with state-of-the-practice technologies for system, software and hardware engineering, we support our clients in growing their competences towards delivering proven safety-critical software. We support safety managers in their daily operational work and introduce efficiencient processes to reliably achieve safety without overheads.
Factsheet for download
A leading automotive supplier realized that functional safety has become a critical success factor in his business. There was no consistent path from requirements analysis with the OEM to the final proof that safety requirements have been met.
Vector was asked to introduce the necessary methodology and practices and to efficiently integrate with existing engineering and management processes. The safety standard IEC 61508 was introduced in several steps. In parallel we delivered praxis-oriented trainings to engineering which was adapted to the respective specific roles. Based on the criticality and the SIL classification we developed a lean yet effective approach to consistently implement safety requirements.
With this suite of changes we not only addressed our client's safety requirements but also achieved a tangible culture change in the company with the result that engineers knew how to design for safety along the entire life-cycle.
Webinar Functional Safety
This webinar provides an introduction to the principles and introduces the basic techniques for specification, analysis, verification and validation of functional safety. Topics:
- Functional safety in the automotive industry
- Support by processes and tools
- Introduction of safety engineering
- Practical experiences
Visit our event calendar for all upcoming webinars.