- Beginning of the page
Value for our Clients
Our consultants have broad experiences from industry. We invest into the selection and continuous training of our consultants. They combine a deep analytical understanding with strong social competencies.
Your success is the measure for our own success.
This is the yardstick we want to be measured.
Our first step is to understand your needs. Each project starts with an analysis phase where we agree on the objectives which need to be achieved. On this basis, the project with its milestones and phases is defined. We deliver tangible results with each single consulting project.
You must innovate to create an advantage in your markets. On the basis of benchmarks, global best practices and close cooperation with leaders in science and industry, we are in a position to create novel value for you in the short term.
Our know-how and technical background from different domains and industries enables us to understand your challenges and to create suitable solutions together with you. With our systematic and transparent methods we create pragmatic solutions you can easily understand. The rigorous application of methods such as cost structure analysis, value analysis and Six Sigma is the foundation of our solutions. The right tools strategy to support the deployment of solutions is a prerequisite for productive and sustainable results.
Our Consulting Competencies
- Broad experiences in optimizing processes with sustainable results
- Process improvements based on standards such as CMMI, SPICE, IEC 61508, IEC 62304, DO-178B, etc.
- Product and project management
- Interim and crisis management
- Innovation and change management
- Introduction and adaptation of tools
- Crisis management
- Coaching and competence development
Vector Consulting Services has been consulting with companies of different sizes and industries. Here are some concrete examples of projects. Let us know if you are interested in details on methodology and results.
- Optimizing of engineering processes in system, software and hardware development, development of electromechanical components, semiconductor development, etc.
- Performing process and project assessments according to CMMI and (Automotive) SPICE
- Conducting supplier audits
- Cost reduction for product development
- Interface and supply chain optimization in a globally distributed development
- Variant management and variant reduction
- Introduction of product families for platform development
- Introduction and implementation of IEC 61508 / ISO 26262
- Implementation of safety assessments
- Moderation and implementation of risk analysis, FMEA, FTA
- Training, coaching and competence development
- Ensuring information security in distributed systems
- Quality improvement by early defect detection through the use of reviews, design and code analysis, etc.
- Selection, implementation, deployment and optimization of engineering tools throughout the product lifecycle
- Optimizing product life-cycle management (PLM)
- Introduction of requirements engineering with DOORS
- Introduction of an integrated systems engineering methodology with tools support
- Optimizing distributed development by means of outsourcing, offshoring, and efficient collaboration models
- Introduction and implementation of risk management
- Improvement of portfolio and product management
- Competence development for project managers and product managers
- Implementation of objective-driven changes (i.e., organizational changes) with measurable and sustainable results (project content as described above)
- Implementing the merger of two engineering units
- Developing a business model for engineering and distribution of software components
- Coaching of employees at different sites and companies for outsourcing with India
- SCAMPI Lead Appraiser (CMMI for Development)
- CMMI Institute (previously SEI) authorized CMMI Instructor
- ISO/IEC 15504 (SPICE) Assessor
- Auditor for QM systems (TÜV Cert)
- Scrum Master
- Six Sigma Black Belt
Vector Consulting Services is partner of the CMMI Institute (previously SEI) and closely cooperates with renowned universities, such as the universities of Kaiserslautern, Magdeburg, Stuttgart and Utrecht. Books, numerous publications, lectures at universities and invitations for keynotes and presentations at international conferences underline our reputation in our core competencies.
CMMI Institute (formerly SEI)
Vector Consulting Services is the official partner of the CMMI Institute of Carnegie Mellon University (formerly SEI). As one of just few German companies we are authorized to perform official CMMI SCAMPI appraisals and training.
For the German Deutsche Informatik-Akademie (DIA) we offer trainings on topics such as Requirements Engineering, Product Management, Software Measurement and Project Management. DIA is a subsidiary of the German Informatics society (GI).
Informatik Consulting Systems is integration partner of Vector Consulting Services for software solutions.
As a partner of the International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) we are offering trainings to become a certified Requirements Engineer.
As a partner of QA Systems, Vector Consulting Services offers tailored introduction of engineering tools and support with code analysis.
Together with Siemens AG we are offering worldwide consulting on product life-cycle management (PLM) for industries such as aerospace, defense, energy and medical/healthcare.
Vector Consulting Services offers for the German Sigs Datacom trainings on topics such as Requirements Engineering.