- Beginning of the page
Global Software and IT: New Vector Book available
"Global Software and IT" is the new book of Vector with experiences and guidance for distributed software and IT projects. This insightful book delivers proven strategies and practices for software development and IT sourcing on a global scale.
Engineering today is typically done by distributed teams. But how to make such teams successful? "Global Software and IT" is the new book of Vector with experiences and guidance for distributed software and IT projects. This insightful book delivers proven strategies and practices for software development and IT sourcing on a global scale. Most importantly, readers will learn how to engineer a first-rate product as efficiently as possible by fully leveraging global personnel and resources.
Based on the author’s first-hand experience and expertise, this book offers a proven framework for global software engineering. Readers will learn best practices for managing a variety of software projects, coordinating the activities of several locations across the globe while accounting for cultural differences. Most importantly, readers will learn how to engineer a first-rate software product as efficiently as possible by fully leveraging global personnel and resources.
Global Software and IT takes a unique approach that works for projects of any size, examining such critical topics as:
- Executing a seamless project across multiple locations
- Mitigating the risks of offshoring
- Developing and implementing processes for global development
- Establishing practical outsourcing guidelines
- Fostering effective collaboration and communication across continents and cultures
Throughout the book, case studies drawn from different industries demonstrate how actual global software engineering projects have been designed and executed. Moreover, sample scenarios and questions encourage readers to put their new skills and knowledge into practice, addressing key issues that commonly arise in global software projects. This book provides a comprehensive business model that is beneficial to anyone looking for the most cost-effective, efficient way to engineer good software products.
About the Author
Prof. Dr. Christof Ebert is managing director at Vector Consulting Services. He supports clients around the world to improve product strategy and product development and to manage organizational changes. Prior to that, he held global management positions for fifteen years at Alcatel-Lucent. Dr. Ebert serves on a number of advisory and industry bodies. An internationally renowned keynote speaker, he serves on the executive board of the IEEE International Conference on Global Software Engineering series and teaches at the University of Stuttgart. Contact him!
Quotes on the Book
- "Summarizes experiences and guidance, processes and approaches for successfully handling global software development and outsourcing. It offers tons of practical hints and concrete explanations on how to do it better."
—Michael Corbett, Chairman of the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals, from the Foreword
- "This book stands out as the best source of information on distributed software development. Seldom do we see a book with the concepts completely backed by the experiences and views of the experts in their fields. Software developers and managers benefit from the broad spectrum of topics and companies in the case studies."
—S M Balasubramaniyan, Vice President, Wipro Technologies
- "This book is very well-written, up-to-date and packed with practical advice for every software engineer and manager working on global projects. I think it will become 'the' excellent source for the industry on the subject of global software development".
—Bikram Sengupta, Manager, Software and Services Engineering, IBM Research - India
- "This book provides a superb introduction to global software and IT projects and products. Most useful are the many practical advice summaries that are nicely highlighted with concrete "how-to" in each chapter."
—Erran Carmel, American University, USA