Training Automotive Cybersecurity
Automotive cybersecurity is of growing concern for the entire automotive industry. It is a must-have today, because systems are interconnected, and in one way or the other open for external penetration. Even worse, security directly impacts functionality, user experience and safety, and thus has become subject to product liability. For instance, functional safety is not feasible without a concise approach to cover security.
"The online training is intensive, yet totally possible for the Home-Office environment. 4 hours per day is a good balance to have information sink into my memory. Vector trainer mastered the online tools to bring the message across effectively. Thank you!"
- Reinier Quast, Inalfa
“This is an excellent training from the ground up till the practical management of a Cybersecurity solution in a given company!”
– a participant of an online training in September 2020
"Outstanding level of expertise in cybersecurity."
- Michael Prantke, Panasonic
"This was a really good online training. I would like to thank Vector Consulting trainers for their 100% commitment."
- Kamal Kumar Sharma, Aptiv
"High practical orientation, concrete personalized action list throughout the entire seminar."
- T. Strauch, Siemens
Security gains has become a key challenge across industries. More and more systems are networked and are attacked. Absolute security does not exist, but you can effectively protect. Our training is the introduction and implementation of risk-based cybersecurity in practice. The following questions are addressed:
- How to identify security objectives?
- How do I assess the security on the basis of basic methods like TARA (Threat and Risk Analysis)
- How can a security objective be deduced from that?
- What are the typical threats?
Since there can be no absolute cybersecurity, the focus of the training is on a risk-based approach and on the necessary consistent methodology.
Three different, yet related, approaches will be described in detail, namely:
- Product, that is cybersecurity at the system level
- Process, covering the implementation of security concepts in the entire life-cycle
- Field, that is cybersecurity applicable after-sales activities
This training provides an introduction to the fundamentals and best practices of cybersecurity engineering based on ISO 21434. It introduces Cybersecurity organization and management as well as basic techniques for specification, analysis, testing of Cybersecurity. Many practical examples from our worldwide projects will emphasize how to implement cybersecurity focused culture inside your company and at reasonable cost. Examples include the full set of methods, such as TARA, but also concrete case studies such as over-the-air (OTA) software upgrades.
- Cybersecurity foundations for automotive applications
- Security Standards: ISO-SAE-21434, UNECE R.155 CSMS, UNECE R.156 SUMS
- Legal obligations and governance, cybersecurity management, culture
- Project dependent cybersecurity management: responsibilities, plan, and case
- Risk assessment methodology and TARA, risk level and CAL
- Systematic security engineering
- Security by design: HSM, secure boot and SecOC
- Security by lifecycle: verification, validation and life-cycle management
- Cybersecurity testing: pen-testing and fuzz-testing
- Incident response and update management
- Hands-on exercises on TARA, security concept and testing
- Vector practical experiences and hands-on case studies
- Current trends and outlook
Training material: available in English
Breaks: Coffee/Tea around 10:30 and 15:00; lunch break around 12:00.
For training plan, prices and registration, please visit :
Assessment Tool COMPASS
Planning, Execution and Evaluation of Assessments, Audits and Analyses
COMPASS satisfies all requirements that are relevant to an efficient audit and analysis tool. These include support based on different maturity models, assessment methods and other checks, e.g. Threat and Risk Analysis.
Do you want to adapt this training to your own examples and challenges? Looking for a workout that delivers practical exercises adjusted to your environment? Then, we suggest that you have this training conducted in-house, where you can decide on focus, speed and the training schedule. We also offer dedicated crash courses for employees and management.
Language: German or English.
On request, we offer our inhouse trainings in Chinese, French, Korean and Turkish.
Engineers in product development, system and software engineers, security and safety engineers and managers, architects, engineering managers, project managers, purchasing, quality managers.
Global Software and IT
A Guide to Distributed Development, Projects, and Outsourcing
"Global Software and IT" is the new book of Vector with experiences and guidance for distributed software and IT projects. This insightful book delivers proven strategies and practices for software development and IT sourcing on a global scale.
How may we help you?
Wang Zhen | Senior Consultant
Vector Automotive Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
27F, Sunyoung Center
No. 398 Jiangsu Road, Changning District
Tel.: +86 21 - 2285 8020